Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Bags by Rubbertree: Checkbook case





 I love leather and I love handmade and when they go together something cool is really gonna come out. I'm talking about my new checkbook case which is made of leather and guess what, handmade! My sisters and I share the same admiration for things as mentioned and we patronize locally handcrafted products too so when my younger sister tagged us in Instagram with a picture of a yummy leather bag- we fell in love. 

Bags by Rubbertree is designed and made by Rubbertree Design Studio owned by Ruben and Trina Flores. "With backgrounds in industrial design and studio arts, 
their design method is grounded on a shared aesthetic 
and a dedication to materials, technique & process.
All items are hand-cut and hand-stitched by the couple." 
Website here.


Some of their products:
(photos grabbed from their website)
www.bagsbyrubbertree.com
This is the design that my sister ordered but in a different color, when I got to try it, t'was so soft and the stitches look sturdy and of course I love the smell!

So cool right? My younger sister got us checkbook cases and she got herself a very nice bag (how unfair is that?! haha!) and a wallet for my youngest brother. She got me the green one obviously and I absolutely love it! 




No comments:

Post a Comment