Saturday, April 11, 2015

Routine and Daily Indulgence



i love this new set-up!

When days really get to you and work seems to consume every bit of your creative self, you tend to miss the carefree life when the only thing mattered was feeding yourself with.....tie-dyes, music and colorful things. Oh I miss the life of a college student!

What helps me escape this routine occurrence is by indulging oneself in hobbies. Why do we have hobbies? For me it's having something to do and experiment in ways that can prevent the entanglement of daily work and life complications though it is undeniably part of a common ground. Watercolor painting, crafting, jewelry making, blogging or reading are some of the hobbies I maintain. All these things remind me of what I can do with my hands, keeps me away from stress and helps find inspiration. There's a certain kind of satisfaction that brings about whenever I look back and see how far I've gone with certain hobby. The feeling of having accomplished something apart from work is one that cannot be compared to. Funny that I try to escape routine when in fact, it has become a part of it.

On some days when I can't really find motivation in the workplace I take a time off, be with nature, take a drive or simply stay in the room and look for things out of the normal and be surprised that by simply rearranging or seeking out in the most unexpected corners of the room, one can find inspiration where it can blossom into something new and unique. Gladly, once nourished, everything can be placed into perspective again.

My newly arranged reading corner


Nothing expensive here. Just a cluster of accessories I usually wear. Trying to live minimally now.

Current read.


No comments:

Post a Comment