Thursday, March 19, 2015

Snorkeling in Miniloc Island, El Nido





Snorkeling is probably one of the highlights when we were in El Nido. Imagine the excitement I had the moment we docked at Miniloc Island Resort. My mind was mentally jumping for joy! The rich blue water was so clear and inviting that you'd want to jump in and swim with the fish! 




Here are some videos I took using my Nikon Aws100 digital cam. Basic underwater camera, gps equipped with hd resolution. (Planning to upgrade to a Go Pro if my swimming skills will improve LOL)



We snorkeled just beside the Miniloc Resort dock station which is encased with  a wave breaker. The water was just 3-4 feet high. 

Using a floater, the guide pulled me to a much deeper area while still floating. My eyes wandered and scanned for unfamiliar creatures in the water and suddenly I saw this! A school of matambaka or Ox-eyed Scad!!


Such a surreal moment!

Look a fish! hehe

a Giant Trevally or Jackfish also known as talakitok locally. The sizes were about a 1-2ft long. Imagine swimming with these creatures!



Befriending the jackfish! hehe




what a nice-looking coral! haha!


No comments:

Post a Comment