Saturday, February 28, 2015

Roadtrip to Roxas City




Last weekend was spent on a road trip with the family to Roxas City! I get to drive, which is one of my favorite things/ skills to do. Haha! So we left Antique by 5:30 in the morning and planned to have breakfast at Mcdo when we arrive in Iloilo City. I  ate a little at home since I don't want to get hungry during the drive.  I had two slices of bread with peanut butter (my favorite!) and dark coffee.




The group brought along five suv's so I'm all hyped up with my driving journey cos I felt like i'm in a Top Gear moment. What I love about driving a 4x4 is it's size and it's purpose of going through rough terrain easily, which is applicable to the Antique-Iloilo route though most roads now are well paved. Also, the size makes me feel like I'm the queen of the world! LOL



After approximately two hours of driving from San Jose, we arrived in Iloilo hungry and excited. Had breakfast in Mcdo and left for Roxas City. The drive was fun since 'my passengers' were all quipped with funny stories that entertained us all. Our vehicle was the last in the convoy, and with all the entertainment inside the car, on cruising speed, we were always left behind! But of course, I get to recover with all the overtakes to join in the convoy again. (skillz, yes! LOL)

By 11:30 AM, we arrived in Roxas City and were led to Pueblo de Panay, a private land development, where we had our lunch at El Circulo Convention Center. We had a fancy taste of seafood; crab, seafood kare-kare and for dessert, an interesting green cake from Panulce. Soon after lunch, we headed out for a visit to a quarry, the shrine and lastly, around town. 


A Capiz insignia at El Circulo overlooking Roxas city.

Comfy ootd..

A hut for relaxation with a view of Roxas City.

I take my photos seriously. hehe! Weapon of choice, Samsung Note 4, great phone with superb photo quality!



MM and nang Rox, having a moment with the grassssss.


A colorful wall at one of the schools located at Pueblo de Panay.

This photo makes you want to say, whooooo!!

We were led to this hilly part where the road was real bumpy. Great driving moment!


The road to the shrine was totally uphill and of course rough. While driving, my knees got shaky cos of the drive or maybe because of the adrenaline I was feeling.  Set my gears on low mode and deactivated the overdrive. When I arrived at the 'area', I was all smiles as well as the 'dads' for experiencing a great 4x4 moment with our suv's!


Spent the rest of the 40minutes on top of the mountain taking pictures where it was hot but super windy!

Assumption Journal came along tooooo. @assumptionjournal (instagram)

The locals call this the Hold Up Jesus.


After the shrine, we went around town to check out the commercial areas and simply admire what is Roxas city for first time visitors.

By 5:30 PM we slowly head back to Iloilo. It was a long two and a half hour drive and I felt kind of exhausted when we reached Pototan. Imagine driving the whole day starting at 5:30 in the morning to 5:30 in the afternoon and not just that, there's still the last leg of the road trip which was another two hour drive from Iloilo City to San Jose, Antique.

While still in the Capiz area, inside our vehicle where we're all girls, we got caught up with our conversations that we lost track of the group. Driving a little further was an intersection and the dilemma was either go straight or turn left which everybody answered straight. Unfortunately, the straight road wasn't the right one and thankfully there was still a phone signal to call for help! haha! Everybody laughed and vater and the rest of the convoy had to wait 5-8kms ahead so we can catch up. Of course, everybody waited us out and had to tell them we just took some pictures along the way whilst the 'we -were-left-behind'. haha! LIARS! Anyhoo, the drive back was kindly blurry since it was getting dark and I don't like driving under the twilight zone and I was getting kinda hungry either. Driving hungry is a no-no for me because I easily get dizzy and you are in no good state physically and mentally. Arrived in the city by 8:30PM where we had dinner. Thank goodness! But still I wasn't in my 'normal self'. We still had another two hours of travel to get home. 

Halfway along the two hour drive to San Jose, my mind was already battling if I was still in a good condition since I already felt like a zombie. I didn't feel sleepy at all and my eyes weren't shutting up but my brain, I felt like I didn't have a brain. hahahhaha! Thankfully nang Rox, who is a family friend, was with us and was an expert driver herself, so I pleadingly asked her if she was sleepy or not and honestly told her I can't feel the road anymore. So we exchanged seats and she drove us halfway home. She was my lifesaver! 

Arrived home by midnight, exhausted but happy.  The road trip was a journey worth treasuring since it was spent with family and friends, driving together, pushing limits and all the moments in between. Looking forward to more road trips again!

Photos by brychi.

No comments:

Post a Comment